Position: Software Engineer
Role and Responsibilities
OrthoGrid Systems is seeking a C++ software engineer to assist in the development and management of new medical image analysis software. This position is a unique opportunity to work in a small, dynamic team of dedicated engineers, scientists, and medical doctors to help design and build intra-operative computer vision tools for orthopedic surgery. An ideal candidate would be a strong C++ developer with experience in medical image processing or computer vision and a commitment to quality software. Additionally, experience implementing continuous integration methods and automated testing would be useful as OrthoGrid continues to improve and expand its verification testing. Exposure to scientific computing, image processing, and / or machine learning is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Bioengineering, or related field
- C++ with a minimum of two years' experience
- Python, especially scientific analysis and computing libraries
- Experience with version control software such as Git
- Image processing, computer vision, and/or machine learning
- Linux experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to meaningfully contribute to software development projects
Desired (not required):
- DevOps experience, especially continuous integration, automated testing, and/or cloud infrastructure
- Familiarity with parallel programming, including OpenMP and/or GPU computing (OpenCL, CUDA)
- Experience with compilation tools, especially CMake
- GUI design, especially Qt
- Agile project methodologies
- Experience with any of the following toolkits: VTK, ITK, OpenCV
- Medical device software development experience
For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Position: Outside Sales Representative
About OrthoGrid Systems, Inc.
OrthoGrid® Systems, Inc. is a privately owned medical device company based in Salt Lake City, Utah focused on inventing more accurate and cost-effective ways to assist in proper positioning of implants and restoration of leg length when performing total hip replacement. OrthoGrid® supplies a growing portfolio of patented and patent-pending technologies related to intraoperative alignment using radiopaque grid patterns for orthopedic total joint arthroplasty and trauma.
This is an exciting opportunity for results oriented outside sales representatives with that "hunter mentality". Those who succeed are self-motivated, possess a great desire to learn and work hard, and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. We build multiple relationships in hospital and surgery center settings throughout the US. The perfect candidates are B2B reps with an executive presence who know how to cold call and can positively interface with decision makers including Surgeons, OR Directors, Radiologist Technologists, Purchasing Managers and CFO’s.
- Prospect for new customers and business in addition to growing and maintaining the existing customer portfolio.
- Qualify new leads to maintain identified business to support a balanced sales funnel for future sales.
- Interact with Orthopedic Surgeons, Radiology Technologists, and the OR team to train in product usage, assist and gain experience in the O.R.Setting.
- Generate proposals, prepare sales quotations, plan customer meetings, and demonstrate equipment capabilities on assigned products in assigned territory.
- Negotiate deals and close sales while interfacing with all key buying influencers including direct users of the product; but also Purchasing Managers and CXO level personnel.
- Achieve annual and quarterly achievement of multiple order and revenue targets through accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting, by prioritizing selling time to generate sales.
- Travel to attend industry events and trade shows. Actively follow up on all leads.
- Manages the territory in an efficient and orderly manner through effective business planning and implementation, ascribing to principles of key account prioritization/surgeons.
Communication and Company Support:
- Contribute to the development of a strong team effort.
- Participate and lead company initiatives such as product launches, key customer educational and training programs, and strategic planning sessions.
- Communicate market intelligence and competitive product activity.
Self Development and Product Knowledge:
- Develop and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge.
- Demonstrate a high level of organization.
- Demonstrate good strategic thinking and decision making ability.
- Recognize and understand competitive products, features and strengths in relation to the portfolio of OrthoGrid products.
- Actively participate in skills development programs.
- 2+ years of medical device, hospital sales experience with documented results or strong B2B sales experience with heavy prospecting/cold calling.
- Demonstrate documented success in a previous sales role; indicate a high level of sales performance.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Must be able to travel on occasion (50% or less annually).
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Compensation includes a competitive base salary commensurate with experience + a generous commission structure.
- Travel and Expense Budget
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Orthogrid is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability